Never lose a set of master keys again!
Gravity locates keys before they are lost, making it the most reliable key system available.
Welcome to the Tether Technologies Press Room
Welcome to the Tether Technologies press room where you can find and download all the basic information about ekt and our company.
ekt Press Releases
- Northwest Protective Service Deploys ekt Across Facilities and Hospital Clients – 10/2/2013
- University of Washington Uses ekt to Secure and Prevent Master Key Loss – 6/24/2013
- New Electronic Key Tether Eliminates Loss of Master Keys for Buildings and Facilities – 12/13/2012
Product Fact Sheet
John Suryan joined Tether Technologies as CEO in August 2012. He has more than 25 years of experience in technology, commercial real estate, private equity, accounting and finance industries. John was a co-founder and president of officespace.com (founded in 1995 and launched in January of 1996) until he sold the company in late 2010.
During John’s tenure at officespace.com, the company grew from an internet start-up to an industry leading brand. The company went from 200 office buildings in downtown Seattle to having an inventory of over 20,000 commercial buildings in approximately 150 US cities.
Prior to founding officespace.com, John was a senior associate at The Norman Company, a full service commercial real estate firm that was acquired in 1998 by Trammell Crow Company. As a commercial real estate broker and project manager at The Norman Company, he provided office searches and negotiated leases for major companies in the Northwest region including Simpson Investment Company, Cole & Weber, HomeStreet Bank, Airborne Express and Metro. Previously, John worked as an auditor for Main Hurdman KMG, an international accounting firm now part of KPMG International.
John is a certified public accountant, licensed real estate broker and holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in accounting from the University of Washington. He is an active angel investor with a keen interest in early stage startups.
Interview requests and additional inquiries
- Liz DeBord
206-658-3229 | [email protected]
In The News
- Revealing the TechFlash Cup Finalists, 16 Seattle-Area Startups with Vision, Passion
TechFlash & Puget Sound Business Journal 9/2013
- Lost keys? Seattle startup Gravity wants to help
- Startup Spotlight: Tether Technologies makes sure you never lose master keys again
- Top 6 startup ideas from NWEN's First Look Forum
"This product has lived up to its reputation. We feel this is an important tool that can really benefit our teams as we carry keys on a round the clock basis."
Rob Boyd, Regional Manager, Sunstates Security
Did You Know?
- Millions of dollars are spent annually on the control of master keys when they are not in use. However, almost no money is spent to control keys once they go on shift.
- Key loss is not only a security and cost issue - it's also a credibility and integrity issue for security firms and property management companies.